Do you also turn your head to the right, like two thirds of all people? Here are the nine crazy things you didn’t know about kissing.
1. Two-thirds of all people turn their head to the right while kissing.
2. The world record for the longest kiss goes to a couple from Thailand. Their lips were together for 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds nonstop. Wow!
3. You burn about 6.4 calories per minute of kissing.
4. You get a tighter skin by kissing, because you are using 34 facial muscles while kissing.
5. In Colorado, it is illegal to kiss a sleeping woman.
6. In the Middle Ages women signed their letter with an “X” which she then gave a kiss – as a sign of honor and loyalty. This is where the x comes from which we use every day in our text messages.
7. Endorphins are released when you kiss. This is what we call having “butterflies in the stomach.”
8. Kissing can reduce the level of cortisol (stress hormone) in your body. Now you know what to do if you’re feeling stressed.
9. Your lips are very sensitive and are full of nerves. That’s why once you’ve started kissing you’re getting in the mood for more!