Perfume is the finishing touch to the perfect outfit. It is an invisible accessory which can bring out a variety of emotions and feelings from others around you. Scents are about memories and a simple smell can take you back to a million years and bring out a feeling that you might have forgotten about. There was a study that was conducted with scents and perfume and the study found that people found other people more attractive that had a pleasant smell. So many of us use perfume, body spray, scented lotion, perfume balm or roller sticks but not all of us know the proper way of getting the most out of our perfume.
There are many ways to apply your perfume and a lot of you might just use your perfume as a finishing touch before you walk out the door. Applying your perfume in a certain manner can be more effective for a beautiful smell that lasts throughout the day or night. We all have heard of the spray and walk into the mist, but this can waste a lot of your expensive perfume and not even get on your skin. Some of us spray on after we are all ready and dressed up, this can damage our clothes and jewelry. And some of us do a spray all over the entire body, which can be a little overpowering to people around you; you can’t always smell yourself like other can. Here are some tips to do it right:
1. Use your perfume before you dress after your moisturizer. You don’t want to stain your clothing or jewelry and it needs to be applied on the skin to last longer.
2. Apply your perfume to your pulse points; this technique is used because you emit heat in those areas which activate the scent throughout the day or night. Spray on your wrists, behind your ears, your neck line, the crease of your elbows and behind your knees. You can also spray on your chest.
3. When adding the scent to your wrists, don’t rub your wrists together because this can break down the notes which will damage the scent you were going for originally.
4. Make sure your perfume is dry before adding jewelry or clothing, this way your perfume is fully absorbed into the skin and doesn’t rub off on your clothes.
5. “Layering” scents can have a lasting effect of your desired scent. Adding a scented lotion, body spray and then a perfume will hold the scent much longer than just your perfume alone. Don’t mix different brands or scents but stay with the same perfume brand scent. Some people might think this can be a little overkill but if done correctly then you can have a lasting effect of your desired scent.
6. Add a mist into your hair so when you move your hair around, you can give off the beautiful scent.