We all know that sudden feeling we get when we HAVE to visit our hairstylist. It can’t be done next week, not even in a few days, it has to be tomorrow and it bears no postponing!
However, not always our trips to the hairstylist are followed by that feeling of satisfaction and admiration for your new hairstyle. From time to time it can happen for you to ask for too short bangs, or to follow that instinct of going for a lob, although you haven’t had your hair shorter than your midriff in more than 10 years. Or your hairstylist might go in for a few extra inches to save your heavily worn out strands. Whatever the reason you know what I’m talking about: you want to get back your long, flowing locks without ruining your budget (and your hair) with extensions.
So here are some tips on how to help your hair grow faster and stronger than ever:
1. Hair care. Wash your hair as often as you need it, but avoid doing it daily. A lot of articles will say not to wash you hair too often, but I think it’s worse if it’s dirty and has too much product on. For me it works every other day, as you also don’t want to strip it from its natural oils, so try different options and see what works for you too. Also you might want to use less product and go easy on hair damaging treatments.
2. Wear it in a pony tail. However I would not recommend a tight ponytail, especially when you go to sleep.
3. Massage your scalp. Whether you do it when you wash you hair or apply a mask, make sure to gently massage your scalp in order to improve blood flow and stimulate hair follicle, both of which will help with hair growth. Brushing your hair will also help, but make sure to do it gently, both on your scalp and the length of your hair – and never on your wet hair!
4. Castor oil. There are many tips on how to help your strands get longer faster, and almost all of them agree on this one: castor oil helps. So before you wash your hair, whip up a mask using castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil, eggs, and lemon juice and you are sure to give your hair a much needed boost.
5. Water and food. Make sure to stay well hydrated and to have a diet that includes proteins and omega 3 fatty acids, as well as vitamins A, B, C, and E, iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, and selenium. Basically what you need is a well balanced diet that will ensure your hair the nutrients it needs to grow healthy.