Everyone needs their beauty sleep but sometimes it can be a little difficult actually falling asleep and staying that way. Some of us struggle with falling asleep and we just lay there thinking about a zillion things as the hours pass by. Sleep is one of the most important aspects of our lives, it makes us more energetic, rested and ready for the day. With a good night rest you can feel fabulous and look it too. Here are some tips to get some shut eye:
1. Don’t have any coffee, caffeinated tea or sugar hours before you plan on heading to bed.
2. Turn off your phone, computer or any other electronic devices an hour or two before bed.
3. Dim the lights in your room to get your body and mind into a more relaxed state.
4. Take a hot bath with lavender oils, which help you relax and feel sleepy.
5. Drink a cup of chamomile tea before bed time.
6. Turn up some white noise, a device that gives off a relaxing sounds to help you stay asleep
7. Read a book or a magazine in bed instead of checking Instagram or Facebook.
8. Wear a night eye mask to block any light in your room.
9. Spray lavender mist scent on your pillow case and sheets, which help you to fall asleep.
10. Place a cup of water by your bed, so you don’t have to get up and walk into the kitchen to get it.
11. Drink a glass of warm milk before bed.
12. Try to set a sleep schedule; go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
13. Use deep breathing techniques and focus on your breath to clear your mind of racing thoughts.
14. Practice some light yoga stretches 15 minutes before bed.
15. Wear comfy clothes to bed or none at all!