You’ve probably been taking care of your clothes wrong all this time! We’ve all been through this and made these rookie mistakes. So that’s why we’ve decided to help you out. Here is a list of 10 tips that will help you stop ruining your clothes.
1. Do not hang your sweaters like you would do with a normal shirt. Gravity is a bitch and will stretch out the shoulder and the neck part. Easy tip: Just fold your sweaters and put them in your drawer.
2. Do not fold your leather pants or skirts. Instead, you should hang them. Folding will create creases and wrinkles which are very tough to get rid of because leather should never be ironed or steamed!
3. Do not have hangers shoved too close together in your closet. You should leave at least an inch in between each hanger, to prevent creases and wrinkles.
4. Do not machine-dry your bras and other delicates. The elastic is easily ruined by the heat of the dryer. Instead you should lay them flat or drape them over a hanger to let it dry.
5. Do not carelessly stuff your bras in a drawer. Bending the cups out of shape will ruin the bra form. Instead, you should stack them like they do at a lingerie store.
6. Do not wring the water out of your swimsuits by twisting them. This will ruin the elasticity and make the suit lose its shape. Instead, you should lay the suit flat between towels, and press and roll the water out.
7. Do not iron delicate fabrics. Irons are way too harsh for most fabrics (like silk or fabrics with embellishments) and can ruin your clothes if you’re not careful. Instead, you should invest in a handheld steamer.
8. Do not forget to fasten buttons, hooks, and zippers, or to turn your jeans inside out before tossing your clothes in the laundry. These hooks can snatch onto other clothing pieces and ruin them!
9. Do not hang your bags when you’re not using them. This will stretch out the shoulder straps and make your bags look bad. Instead place them somewhere save, like on a shelf.
10. Do not forget to stuff and wrap your bags before storing them in your closet. Fill them with T-shirts or whatever so they don’t lose their shape.